Saturday, March 28, 2009

Breathe (1998)

I need to organize
the thoughts within my head
have them touch to my tongue
the answers
that revel in my eyes
as I take in forty thousand snapshots
in three seconds
and my brain is left
rearranged
unable to circumnavigate
my fingers back to this page

I rise and I am blinded
by life's surprise of sight
how the moon wakes up the sun
and the stars shuffle their gaze
to a westward sun
westbound one
as colonies grew
underneath the vision of the sun
worlds won
then destroyed
however everything ceases to exist
until we fumble over our lips
the gift of breath

now breathe
and see what I've seen
take in my suggestion
of the lessons
never lost in vision
though some are blind
they can still tiptoe through ambition
go on their quest to find
the pulses in silence
that plays in moonlight
as you sleep and dream
never losing vision
only gaining perception
in spontaneous waves subconscious with suggestion
now breathe
and back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment